Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Maine Morning Mitts

I've recently finished another knitted project, and this one couldn't have come at a better time: Maine Morning Mitts, to keep my ever-chilly hands warm.  The pattern is from The Knitter's Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes, but she also offers the pattern for free on her website, knitters review

I've never knit gloves or mittens or mitts before, so I was looking for a really easy project.  And this was a great one, with very clear and easy instructions.  When the first mitt was complete, I could wear it while I worked on the second one:


The funny thing is, when I started the second mitt, I ended up going around in circles the opposite way that I worked the first mitt (on the second mitt I went clockwise).  And on the first mitt, my knitting ended up being inside out (it took me a while to figure out why my mitt looked so different from the pictures on Ravelry).  I'm still not sure how I got turned around, but no matter.  It ended up working all the same!


The yarn is from a farm local to my parents, Alpacas of Stewart Heritage Farm - it was a holiday gift from them.  I'm guessing it's baby alpaca, because it is so incredible soft, and very warm.  My hands are very happy to have these mitts, and I wear them while knitting, reading, blogging....even sleeping, sometimes!


For those on Ravelry, here are my project notes.

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment