Friday, March 23, 2012

Magnolia photoshoot

Our Spring here in Central Ohio has been so warm, it's really more like summer.  We went from Winter (a mild one, at that) straight to Summer.  So it's no wonder the trees and flowers have been blooming like crazy.  When I noticed some gorgeous magnolia trees in bloom in our neighborhood, I knew I needed to get out there and capture some of those lovely blooms before they are spent.  I can't believe they are blooming one entire month earlier than they did last year!

The Bachsters and I visited one of our local Columbus Metro Parks, where I knew a beautiful old magnolia resides.  Last year, we discovered a wonderful magnolia tree at Greenlawn cemetery (see original post here).  I think magnolias are one of my favorite flowers (or in this case, blooms) to photograph.  The colors are soft and feminine and the blooms are so.....voluptuous is the only word that comes to mind.

 


DD made a "butterfly" with some of the petals she found on the ground:



I think the Bachsters and I have a new Springtime tradition.......magnolia, we'll see you again next Spring!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment