Friday, September 3, 2010

New yarn!

Hi readers,

Today, I went to Yarnmarket & purchased some yarn for yet another project!  This one's for my oldest daughter - her birthday is coming up & she has requested a very special knitted toy.  After a great deal of back & forth, I ended up buying 4 balls of Berroco's Comfort DK.  I was considering a wool, but I knit her an owl a while back in a wool blend and she said she doesn't like to snuggle with it because it's too scratchy.  I know there is some debate among toy knitters what is the best type of yarn to knit with.  I have made many knitted toys since I've been knitting for (almost) 7 years and I don't know the answer.  But if she says wool is scratchy, then it won't be wool for this one!


The other yarn in the basket is Katia's Sevilla.   I didn't even know about this yarn until I went to Yarnmarket & saw a sample.  I was looking for a super shiny, metallic yarn & this one fits the bill nicely.  These are all for the same toy.....any guesses what it might be?

I have a couple of knitting projects that are "due" at the end of the month, plus that really big project that I've been working on forever & I'm just ready to be done with it!  So hopefully, I'll get lots of knitting time in this weekend!  Fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment