Monday, November 15, 2010

Book Nook - Harry Potter

I'm happy to report that my computer problems are a thing of the past!  Hopefully, I can get some pics on the blog soon, as I have some exciting news to share!  I'll keep you in suspense for a day or two, though!

If you were to ask me what my favorite book is, I'd have to say Harry Potter.  But it's hard to pick just one.  That's why I've picked 7 - all 7 of the Harry Potter books.  So this week's Book Nook is dedicated to my favorite book(s) - the Harry Potter series.  And this will be a short post.  Because if you've read the books, you already know how great they are.  And if you haven't read them.....well, you must.  It's that simple.

I've read each book at least twice and they are such an enjoyable read.  I love JK Rowling's writing style, her sense of humor and her amazing ability to write 7 books with such strong, fascinating characters, complicated & interesting plot lines and a whole new, magical world for us Muggles to enter into again & again.  I know many people who say they have not read the books but have seen the movies.....the movies are great, don' get me wrong, but you are really missing out if you don't read the books.

I've recommended books on CD before, but these are probably my favorite stories to listen to on CD.  Read by Jim Dale, he gives each character their own distinct voice & the imagery that will present itself with his reading & Rowling's excellent writing is like watching a movie....only better.

So I will leave it at that!  There is a good reason the Harry Potter series is so popular & for those who haven't read the books, you will see what all the fuss is about once you do!

Cheryl
PS - As you probably have heard, the 7th Harry Potter movie is opening on Friday.  DH & I are going this weekend - I'm so excited!  If you are planning on seeing it too, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment