Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snowflakes

"How full of the creative genius is the air in which these are generated!  I should hardly admire more if real stars fell and lodged on my coat.  Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.  Nothing is cheap and coarse, neither dewdrops nor snowflakes."
-Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

(Quote obtained from the wonderful The Art of the Snowflake: A Photographic Album by Kenneth Libbrecht).



The other day, Little Dude and I were at the library & it started snowing.  As we left, I noticed the flakes on my coat were nice & big & well defined.  I set my mind to heading home & trying some snowflake macro shots.  The first two shots above were taken with a 50mm lens with 2 extension tubes attached. If we get any more snow this year, I might try 3 extension tubes, just to see what that does.

I am hoping for at least one more snow this year and not just for macro snowflake photography purposes!  I'll tell you the reason soon....promise!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment