Thursday, April 21, 2011

Magnolia

It's been really rainy around here lately, so when we had a nice sunny day a few days ago, I jumped at the chance to get outdoors with my camera.  I headed to Greenlawn Cemetery in Columbus (link here) with 2 out of 3 Bachsters.  Greenlawn is a really old & beautiful cemetery with tons of trees - I was hoping to find lots of flowering trees, and Greenlawn didn't disappoint.  We came across a gorgeous, mature Magnolia tree.  Its branches hung low to the ground and it was in full bloom - it was like being inside a giant flower.



I've always wanted to learn how to do a diptych.  This one's not too bad for a first attempt....but there's still a lot I need to learn.



Being at the cemetery & seeing all the beautiful trees reminds me that I've always said I'd like a tree instead of a traditional tombstone one day when my time is up!  Now, I'm starting to think that tree should be a lovely Magnolia tree.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment