Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's raining...again

I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains.  
One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness.  
-Adeline Knapp
 
 
 
It's been raining around here a lot.  We've been staying inside so much, that I finally decided, if you can't beat them, join them.  So, I've been getting my camera & getting some shots around the yard.  The picture above, and the following one, are macros done with extension tubes and my 50mm lens.  
Look - my peonies are about to bloom!  I'm so excited!
 
 
These 3 pictures were all taken on separate days and as you can see, they all include raindrops!  I have a tendency to stay indoors when the weather is yucky, but like the quote at the top says, there are some really beautiful things to be seen when it rains, even in your own backyard.
 
Hope you're having a nice Wednesday!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment