Thursday, July 28, 2011

Intarsia Land

It's been a long time since I've blogged anything knitting-related, but I can assure you that there is lots of behind-the-scenes knitting happening!  Probably not as much as I should be/want to be doing, but knitting all the same.  I just took a little break recently from my current project, and was shocked to see when I picked the needles back up that my work sat for about 2 weeks.  Probably because my current project is very intarsia-y - I think my brain just needed a little summer vacation!

I always knit in my Big Comfy Chair, and it has been completely invaded by yarn!  This is definitely not a portable project:



This is the back side of the work - scary, I know:



I don't really like using bobbins, so I have all these little balls of yarn dangling.  I had to rip out a few rows the other day and I was so scared that it would get all twisted up, but I'm happy to say that I overcame that obstacle and am back on track!


I promise to share the finished product as soon as possible!

(By the way, check back in a few days....I have some very exciting news to share.  Something BIG!)

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment