Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My creative commitment

"Walker, there is no path,
you make the path as you walk."
-Antonio Machado


Little Dude started preschool last week (and loves it, I should add).  Now I find that I have a few hours each week all to myself, which is an absolute rarity for me.  So, I've asked myself what I should do with this gift of free time.  Workout?  Catch up on laundry or dishes?  Run errands?  Find gainful employment?

After a great deal of thought, I've decided to invest my time in my creative endeavors.  There are photography things I want to do and knitting projects that I've been working on forever that seem to have gone nowhere.  I've pondered what would my dream job be? and I've decided to work to make my ideas come to fruition.  

The challenge will be to stay away from temptation: things like a quick errand, easier to run without Bachsters in tow.  Or getting an indulgence such as a grande decaf cafe latte with caramel.  Or just surfing on the internet.  I'll need to treat those few hours each week as time to dedicate myself towards my ultimate goal: turn my creative interests into a living.  It's a worthy goal, I think!

-Cheryl  

No comments:

Post a Comment