Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New yarn!

I recently decided that I need to make the Bachsters some handmade goodies for Christmas this year.  I know what you're thinking: it's already mid-September, what are you thinking!  And I completely agree with you that this plan of mine is madness.  Please don't expect any posts on December 24th, because I know exactly what I'll be doing that day: frantically knitting and telling everyone to fend for themselves, Mama's busy!  Ah, the joy of the holidays!

Actually, I'm hoping it won't be quite like that.  I'm sticking with easy-to-knit items, that I can do along with my current project (which is extremely non-portable; so now that I'm sitting and waiting at gymnastics class a couple times a week, I can be productive with my holiday projects).  I'm thinking a cool hat with ear-flaps for my oldest (she had a hat like this that she wore everywhere, and has since outgrown it).  Maybe a simple vest for Little Dude.  And for the 6-year-old?  A fabulous scarf with my recent yarn purchase:


4 skeins of Louisa Harding Grace Hand-dyed yarn.  It's a wool/silk blend, and it's so wonderfully soft & touchable.  I think it'll make a great scarf.  Thanks to this thread on Ravelry, I learned that Tuesday Morning sells yarn & just put a bunch of new items on sale.  I spent about half the money as I would have if I had used the yarn that the pattern called for.  Plus, it's so amazingly soft (scratchy scarves do not go over well around here) and is the perfect variegated color for my girly-girl.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!
-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment