Friday, November 4, 2011

Homemade apple goodies

Did you see this post from a few weeks back about our trip to the apple orchard?  We only have one apple left from our half bushel (20 lbs) that we picked that day.  I couldn't resist baking up some of my favorite apple recipes with all those apples!

The first thing I made was an apple pie.  The recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Best Recipe.  I think it's a must with vanilla ice cream (Little Dude actually ate only the ice cream, so I ended up eating his, too):


Next, I made one of my absolute favorites, apple crisp (one of the best recipes I've found is from marthastewart.com).  Vanilla ice cream is also a must with this recipe.  I should have made a double batch - it was gone in no time!


We also treated ourselves to apple slices with store-bought caramel dip.  Quick, easy and yummy!


The Bachsters love muffins, so I tried the chunky apple muffins from marthastewart.com.  I added an extra apple to the recipe, since we had so many.  DH said he thought these were really good, and snatched the last one up before I could get to it!


I think I'm going to slice up that last, lonely apple and eat it with peanut butter - what a yummy snack on a beautiful Fall afternoon!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment