Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ice Cream Sundays - {chocolate}

Author David Lebovitz refers to his chocolate ice cream as "the ultimate" in his book, The Perfect Scoop.  And, seriously, it is.  I know because I've made it 3 times in the past few months.

The first time I made it was for a family party, and everyone kept raving over how delicious it was.  So, naturally I took that as a good sign and now make it whenever I have a good excuse!  It's so rich and chocolatey, almost like pudding magically transformed.  The recipe calls for either bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, and I usually do half of each.  You could always tweak it to your own idea of chocolate-perfection and I can guarantee that it will be a delicious experiment.

I think this chocolate ice cream represents just how good all-natural, homemade ice cream is.  You will have a difficult time returning to any other store-bought chocolate ice cream after having this.  Consider yourself warned.

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment