Friday, October 5, 2012

Socks

I've had this project completed and the photo on my camera since June, but I had envisioned taking a funny shot of DH wearing his new socks, so I never posted it.  Alas, I never got around to the photoshoot.  So, in the spirit of closure, here are DH's knitted socks that I made him for his birthday:


This is my first pair of knitted socks, and it wasn't too hard.  I had a great "pattern" which was more like a tutorial really, called Silver's Sock Class.  I'd recommend it to any knitter who wants to tackle socks.  Here's the link to my Ravelry projects page, for Rav members. 

I knew I'd be pushing it a little to get 2 socks done in less than 2 months (I'm a sock-knitting-newbie and a slow knitter).  But, thanks to taking the project with me to the pool a couple of times, and some last minute knitting during a power outage on DH's birthday, I managed to get them done.

Now I just need a pair for my own feet......of course, I could always "borrow" DH's socks!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment