Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {heath bar crunch}

The idea for this ice cream started when the Bachs all went out for ice cream recently and I ordered a very yummy concoction of coffee ice cream, chopped up Heath Bars and caramel.  It was my introduction into the delicious world of Heath Bars, and I knew I wanted to try to make a homemade ice cream with Heath Bars in it at home.

At the same time as our ice cream outing, I had Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book at home, probably waiting for me on the kitchen counter.  It was kismet!

The recipe I used was Philadelphia-style vanilla from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz (except I omitted the vanilla bean).  I love that recipe, it's so easy to use in many ways - it's a very flexible vanilla!  So, I combined the vanilla ice cream with the quantity of Heath Bars recommended by Ben & Jerry & voila!  Perfection.

I did the photoshoot on a very, very, very hot day.  All five of us pounced on it when I was done shooting - there was nothing left to put back in the freezer.  And, that's the way it goes with an ice cream as delicious at Heath Bar Crunch.


-Cheryl

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... at my house the Heath bars would never make it into the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough - I knew exactly where they were stashed in the pantry, and I peeked in on them a few times. I'm sort of amazed I didn't cave in!

      Delete