Sunday, August 8, 2010

Focus on Photography week: wrap-up

Hi readers,

As promised, here are a few more photos to share from my "focus on photography" week.  It's been a great week: I've taken some decent shots & we've explored some new places we've never been to before.  However, I've been putting a lot aside this week, so it will be nice to get back to normal.

This first shot is a dragonfly my 6-year-old caught in our butterfly net.  She actually caught 2 at one time & this is one of them.  She's fast!


This next shot was taken at Slate Run wetlands.  I was so excited to be getting some good shots of a monarch butterfly - he was going from flower to flower, letting me get the lens right in his face.  Well, it turns out this is not a monarch, but a viceroy butterfly, which is a very good look-alike.  I was totally fooled!


Also on that same shoot, I came across these lovely little yellow wildflowers.  I like the bright yellow together with the background green:



Any photography enthusiasts out there: have you been getting some good shooting in lately?
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment