Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ravelry updates

I have several old knitting projects that I never got around to posting onto ravelry.com, so I finally got in gear and updated my project page!  My user name on ravelry is CBach (creative, huh?!).  Only ravelry members can access the site, however, so I thought I'd post pics here as well for those not on ravelry that might be interested in seeing them.

First up is a scarf I made for our oldest Bachster when she was a baby.  This is the very first knitting project I ever did!  It took me several tries, but finally I "got" it and actually made a scarf.  We still use the scarf & it's held up over the years very well.  I love the yarn - Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran......soooo soft!


I knit this easy baby blanket for our now-5-year-old when she was born.  I wanted to wait to start the project because we decided to not find out whether we were having a boy or a girl.  I really love this blanket - it's a perfect size and was really easy to knit.  I love that it's 100% wool, too - it kept my little one warm on many cold nights.  Now that she is 5, the blanket spends most of its time folded up in the closet, but it will always be a treasured item that reminds me of her baby days.


When the girls were very little, before Little Dude came on the scene, I knit them these matching rabbits for Easter one year.  I remember there being a little confusion - did the Easter Bunny knit these for us? - but we cleared it all up & they really loved playing with them.  These rabbits have seen some hard times, and needed lots of grooming & repairs before their photoshoot.  I guess that's a good sign, though - they have gotten lots of play and love!

 
When Little Dude was around age 1, I decided to knit him a hat, as he really needed one.  I found this one in a Harry Potter-themed knitting book called Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter.  I don't remember which size I knit, but I sized it generously, and to this day it's his go-to winter hat.


A couple of weeks ago, I linked to my first blog post, which was about the 2010 Red Heart contest, in which I was a finalist.  I have finally gotten around to posting my globe on ravelry.  I'm not sure why it took me so long!  I've already received a couple of nice comments on ravelry about the globe, which really made my day.

I have some exciting knitting-related news to share later this week!

-Cheryl   

No comments:

Post a Comment