Friday, January 20, 2012

Pretzels

It's January.  It's cold.  It seems like the perfect time to make some homemade pretzels, don't you think?  Which is exactly what we did the other day!

I don't make this recipe very often because there is some time involved (mostly waiting for the dough to rise).  But what I love about it is that it's pretty easy to do, and you only need two main ingredients: flour and a packet of dry yeast.  Well, those two things and mustard.  I must have mustard with my homemade pretzels!

I was so happy to have a little helper in the kitchen when I made them.  She was so excited to roll the dough and make it into pretzel shapes:

 
Roll them, shape them, let them rise about 15 minutes more, bake them & then you're set.  Warm, straight-from-the-oven pretzel goodness, topped with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar (it's a toss up in our house which is best).


Pass me the mustard, please!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment