Sunday, January 29, 2012

Whole foods for a whole week

"Every decision we make about food is a vote for the kind of world we want to live in."
-Frances Moore Lappe
 
I really love the above quote (first saw it in Edible Columbus Magazine - which if you are in Central Ohio, you must check out - it's awesome).  It makes me think about living in a world where my kids eat and enjoy healthy food and can see where food comes from and understand how lucky we are to have it in abundance.  I'd like to live in a world where food is environmentally friendly, cruel-free and chemical-free.  I'd like to live in a world where Moms and Dads have ample time to make homemade meals for their family, and everyone sits down to enjoy those meals together (and wouldn't it also be great if everyone in the family helped clean up after the meal, too!).  And finally, wouldn't it be great if all the food we ate was wholesome and nourishing?


So, I'm doing a little experiment this week - partly due to a great, motivating book that I just finished reading (more about that in tomorrow's Book Nook) and also due to the fact that the Bachs just need an overhaul on our eating habits.  So, I'm eschewing the Western Diet this week, and all that it entails.  There will be all homemade foods & whole foods, nothing processed.  No refined flour or sugars.  No snacking (that's going to be the tough part).  Smaller portions.  And meals enjoyed in the company of loved ones.

Whole foods for a whole week..........won't you join me?

-Cheryl  

No comments:

Post a Comment