Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {lemon-buttermilk sherbet}

I usually try to tell you all about my ice cream adventures right away, so that everything is fresh in my mind.  However, this one slipped through the cracks: lemon-buttermilk sherbet.  I made this ice cream last August (please note the Queen Anne's Lace in the shot).  Do I remember anything about it?  Not a single thing.  I'm pretty sure it was lemony.  And buttermilky. 

Actually now that I think back on it, I remember that I didn't quite care for the creamy caramel sauce together with the sherbet.  Even though this was a recommended pairing, I distinctly recall wanting them separate.  I've made the caramel many, many times since then and I can tell you that's it's the best caramel sauce ever.  And the instructions, from David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop are super easy.  Too easy, in fact: if I have heavy cream and sugar just lying around my kitchen, I usually can come up with some excuse why I need to make caramel sauce.  It's a dangerous recipe.

Poor lemon-buttermilk sherbet.  I can't remember anything about it, and then I go on to rave how great the caramel sauce was.  I'll definitely give it another chance, probably in the heat of August with a vase full of Queen Anne's Lace on the table.  It will be a sweet deja-vu.



-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment