Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A new FO (Finished Object)

Remember a couple of posts ago I hinted that I was hoping for at least one more snowfall this season?  Well, the reason for this is I was hoping for a nice snowy backdrop for my photoshoot of my new scarf!

 


As you can see, the weather was very cooperative!

This scarf is from the book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.  Check out my Book Nook selections for the book review!  Anyway, the scarf was so fast & very easy to do.  I had it done in a couple of nights.  I've been knitting for a little over 7 years now, and this is the first thing I've ever made for myself....seriously!  I have a hat in my queue that I hope to knit soon with the same yarn.  I see a potential selfish-knitter trend on the horizon!

Here's a shot of the WIP (work in progress).  I really loved working with those big fat needles & the chunky super-soft yarn.


The yarn is Como by Debbie Bliss.  The color is called air force & I think the first picture represents the color the best.  See my ravelry notes on the project here.

Super quick, fun, stylish & warm.....what more could a knitter ask for?  Well, maybe more snow!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment