Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My LYS is closing!

I was so sad to see "going out of business" signs on the windows of my LYS as I drove by yesterday.  I know it must be hard for small yarn shops to compete against the big internet stores these days, and I'm sorry to see it's affected the only shop on this end of town. 

I went in today, and the owner told me she is consolidating her two stores into one, and keeping the one (on the other end of town) open.  So that's a relief....at least she isn't out of a job!

Of course, I had to take advantage of the closeout sale they're having!  I bought 2 skeins of Cascade 220 in a navy blue & light gray.  What knitter couldn't use a little more 220 in her stash?  I want to knit a vest for Little Dude & these colors really compliment the ones I already have.  I'm excited to start on it!



I also purchased this little cutie, simply because the name of the yarn happens to be my maiden name!  I have no idea what I'll make with it, or maybe I'll just keep it & enjoy the novelty of it:



Hmmmm....I'm considering going back before the owner closes the doors at the end of the week to get a few more things I saw today.  A fingering weight alpaca that was so heavenly....Mission Falls superwash merino (even though it's been discontinued)....sock yarn!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment