Thursday, October 13, 2011

One last trip to my LYS

As I mentioned in my last post, my local yarn store is closing.  I couldn't resist going in today, one last time, to take advantage of the closeout sale, and also let Little Dude play in the toy corner they have set up for kids.  Whenever I take the kids shopping for yarn, they always ask if we're going to the store with the toys!

I purchased 2 skeins of this super-soft baby alpaca by Plymouth.  I've always snuggled it whenever I've been in to the shop, but I could never figure out a project to make with it.  After some searching on Ravelry, I found someone who had made this project from Knitty with the same yarn.  It looks a bit beyond my current skill level, but I'd like to give it a try, with the gray.  Or, maybe something similar, like a light & airy scarf.  With the black, I'm going to use it for a knitted jewelry design that I came up with a long time ago.  I hope it works!


I also added yet another skein to my Cascade 220 stash, this time in a hunter green.  I just got the book The Knitter's Year by Debbie Bliss from the library & there is a really cute Christmas tree ornament pattern in it.  I think this 220 would be perfect.  What cute gift toppers a little knitted Christmas tree would be!



And, finally, I had to get one more ball of my "maiden name yarn."  This one goes to my parents, just for the fun of it:



And now, I'd better get knitting......my queue is getting out of control!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment