Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {raspberry-champagne sorbet}

I rarely buy champagne, but lately we've had the good fortune to have a bottle in the fridge from time to time for one reason or another.  And I started thinking that I could use some of that champagne to make one of the champagne sorbet recipes in The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.  Ice cream on the brain, always.

I chose the raspberry sorbet recipe because it sounded so easy and delicious.  I used frozen raspberries - my grocery store didn't have any good fresh organic raspberries at the time.  I'm definitely trying this recipe again at the height of raspberry season.  I bet it would be unbelievable with just-picked berries.  But it was pretty close to unbelievable with the frozen kind!

The champagne I used was a sweet, pink champagne.  The resulting sorbet had a bit of a bite at the beginning, then mellowed into a sweet berry flavor.  DH & I both loved it and gobbled it up.  And to the Bachsters' dismay, they couldn't have any!  I can't blame them for wanting to try it though - it was a gorgeous color, and sitting in our fine crystal, it was almost too pretty to eat.  Almost.


-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment