Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Nook - Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids

Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids: 175 projects for kids of all ages to create, build, design, explore, and share by the editors of Martha Stewart Living:




Right around the time our first Bachster was born, I discovered Martha Stewart Babies and Martha Stewart Kids magazines.  And I started collecting them - any time a new one was on the grocery store shelf, I purchased it.  And then, sadly, they stopped the magazines.  But, I still collected any that I could find at garage sales, e-bay, used book stores and such.  I never did collect them all, but the ones that I have are still sitting in my bookcase and get perused through from time to time.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled when I discovered this book, Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids.  Inside are all sorts of crafty craft projects found in the pages of the magazines, like Stickville, meringue mice and felted finger puppets.  Even though the magazines no longer run, there are always new craft projects for kids on marthastewart.com - and some of those projects can be found in the book, like cross-stitch family portraits.  No matter where they originated from, it's wonderful to have so many neat projects in one book.

The projects that I'd like to try with the Bachsters: water fireworks, glass jar xylophone, those adorable cross-stitch family portraits, tie-dye t-shirts, paper bead necklaces, beach board games........the list goes on and on.  I need to make sure the Bachsters all have a chance to look through the book and pick out their favorite projects.  I wonder if we could do all 175?

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment