Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Brunch - {dark chocolate tofu mousse}

I am really on the fence about this recipe.  Normally, I would only put things on Sunday Brunch that I have tried and loved.  This one.....well, I've tried it - can't say I loved it.  But there are some really great things about it, such as - it has no sugar, so it's a pretty healthy dessert.  The recipe consists of tofu, cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla and almond extracts and your choice of sweetener.  That's it.  And the texture is just perfect - exactly what you'd expect a creamy pudding to be like.

So, on the plus side we have healthy for you, easy to make and great texture.  The downside is the taste.  I used Stevia packets, which I can never get used to.  I can taste the Stevia hours after I eat something with it.  So, in this case, I went a little light on the sweetener, and it just wasn't as tasty.

So, the verdict is: if you like non-sugar sweeteners, then this would be a great recipe to try.  If you don't like them, it still might be worth trying - just find a sweetener that you like first.

This one is from Wheat Belly by William Davis, MD, by the way - great book!

 
Which do you think is better: enjoy all the desserts you like, as long as they are sugar-free, or limit your sweets to the real stuff, only occasionally?

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment