Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Brunch - {lemon-poppy seed pancakes}

I'm always a little nervous to introduce a new pancake recipe to the Bachsters - they have some pretty strong opinions about pancakes, and are true pancake connoisseurs.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I made the recipe for lemon-poppy seed pancakes from the Wheat Belly Cookbook and they actually liked them.  You never know how it's going to be with this bunch.

The Bachsters insisted that I leave out the poppy seeds, so I did.  But the pancakes were just as good without them, and the Bachsters gobbled them up. They are so unlike our favorite buttermilk pancakes, but in a way, better for you because they use almond flour and stevia instead of flour and sugar.  DD told me that even though she preferred buttermilk pancakes, she liked these too.   Believe me, that's a big compliment.

I didn't set out to make my picture so similar to the cover shot of the pancakes from the cookbook, but I guess I did.  This shot pays homage to the Wheat Belly Cookbook (cover, top half):





-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment