Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Brunch - {applesauce muffins}

Applesauce muffins with cream-cheese frosting......it's like having cupcakes for breakfast!

These muffins are so easy to make, and what I really love about them is that the recipe makes a lot - we got 21 muffins.  So, we enjoyed them two days in a row.  And they're easy to customize - I made half the batch without the toasted pecans (in response to Little Dude asking me not to put any in his).  And, if you don't have the time or desire to make homemade applesauce, no problem - you can use store-bought (we did).

Probably the best part, though, is that delicious cream cheese frosting.  As our 8-year-old was licking the frosting bowl, we decided that it would be wonderful with my pumpkin bread (have I shared that recipe yet?).  But not everyone in our house wanted the frosting on their muffin, so we kept it on the side - another way this recipe is so easy to make work for everyone's tastes.  Of course, it's from Martha Stewart (and my favorite issue of Living, October 2004.  I'm keeping this issue forever!).

 
-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment