Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Happy New Year to you!

I'm afraid I'm off to a bad start with my 2014 blogging......no post until the 6th, no Sunday Brunch yesterday, no Book Nook for today.......my apologies!  Sunday Brunch will be back next Sunday, and hopefully, there will be another post before then.

In the meantime, I've been giving a lot of thought to my New Year's Resolutions.  There are soooo many things I want to work on.  I want to add certain things to my days and take away other things.  It's hard for me to focus on just one resolution (although narrowing it down to one would probably give me better results).  So as the new year kicked in, I sat down and thought about what I'd like to work on.  Perhaps if I share my resolutions here, I'll feel a little more inclined to keep them?

Ever notice how resolutions can be a bit, well, revealing?  Tell everyone that you want to start exercising and you might come off as lazy.  Tell everyone that you want to cut back on your shoe obsession, and you might be seen as Imelda Marcos-ish.  So, it feels a bit like opening up, to admit the things you do (or don't do) that you want to change about yourself.

But that's what blogs are for, right - to get the conversation going!  So, here are my 2014 resolutions:



-Eat low carb - ditch the sugar.  This one's going to be really tough, but it's so important.  It's 6 days in, and so far so good, so that's something, right?!

-Exercise - yoga/walking.  This goes hand in hand with eating right.  I've got to make it happen!

-Do more nature photography.  I really miss nature photography.  It's one of the reasons I started getting into photography.  I'm going to try to get out more, hopefully with the family coming along, to wander the trails and parks in Central Ohio.  I promise to share my pics with you!

-Try to eliminate/reduce all the errands & running around.  When the Bachsters were little, it was a real treat to run errands by myself.  I still have that same mentality now that they're older, because I do all my running around when they're at school.  But this is prime -getting-stuff-done-time that I feel I've been wasting.  So, I'm going to scale back all the little errands - maybe combine them all in one big errand-day, or do more errands with the Bachsters in tow, so that I can get things done during school time.

-No more lottery tickets.  I know, I know.  The lottery!  Who ever wins that?!  While I don't buy a lot of tickets, I do buy some every now & then.  It's time to stop dreaming and start focusing on the attainable.

-Stop puttering on the computer.  This is another big time waster for me.  I can search around and putter from site to site online for hours.  And be perfectly happy.......yet get nothing done.  I realize that I do it as a place/way to relax when I'm feeling tired.  I'm going to head to my comfy chair instead, to knit or read (and get something accomplished while I take it easy).

-Be more frugal.  I have everything I could possible want or need.  I need to keep reminding myself of that, and take myself out of the consumer-circus.

-Show/tell my family how much I love them - all the time.  Don't get me wrong - I do this.  But I could certainly do it more.  Being an introvert, I tend to dwell in my thoughts and maybe never get those thoughts out there.

-Practice better handwriting.  As you can tell from the picture.....it's atrocious!

What are your 2014 New Year's Resolutions?

-Cheryl  

No comments:

Post a Comment