Friday, December 30, 2011

Favorite shots of 2011

Over the past few days I've been going through all of my 2011 pictures to create a family calendar with shots of the Bachsters (I know, I know, I'm a little behind on the task!).  It's been so fun looking at all the photos I've taken this year - I was thinking that I didn't have many shots of the Bachsters, but it's actually quite the opposite!

As I've been reviewing my pictures, I've come across a lot of nature shots, too, and I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from this year.  I just love this one, taken at Conkle's Hollow in Hocking Hills.  I'm pleased to say that it won runner-up in  the OEC annual photo contest:


Another one of my favorites is the spider family reunion shot - taken in our backyard after the spiders were all very busy:


I just love photographing dragonflies, and I especially liked this shot for the colors and the graceful lines of the leaves:


I love big fat magnolia blooms, and was so happy that the Bachsters and I did an impromptu photo shoot in April, coming across the most beautiful magnolia tree I've ever seen:


This year, I didn't get in as much warm-weather shooting as I wanted, mostly because we stayed close to home this summer to take care of our new puppy (who weighs almost 80 pounds now!).  So, I did a lot of shooting in the backyard.  I can never resist dandelions - they're so under-appreciated!


And for the last one......this one is one of my favorite shots from the summer, but it's got some real technical problems that I can't seem to fix.  But I love the shot anyway!  I had an underwater camera & was at a creek shooting the waterfall from underneath.  After I had a few shots, I got up and saw this snake sunning itself just a few feet from me.  I put the camera low, almost in the water to get a unique perspective.  I was able to get only this one shot, and then the snake slithered off into the water and swam away.  I'm pretty proud of myself for at least getting one picture, and not freaking out about the big snake, so very close!


I'm really looking forward to trying out some new things with my photography in 2012 - and I promise to share my shots!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment