Friday, August 3, 2012

Birthday Ninja

One day a few months ago, Little Dude and I were at the library, in the knitting section (where we find ourselves often).  He picked up this knitting book, flipped through, found a cool Ninja, and asked me if I would knit it for him.  Well, I know that one of these days, much too soon I'm sure, he won't want any knitted toys from Mama, so I've got to strike while the iron is hot.  So, I devised a super-secret-sneaky plan to knit him a ninja for his birthday in July.

I couldn't be more pleased with how this cute ninja turned out.  And Little Dude loves it. 


This was a quick, easy knit.  I couldn't believe how fast everything went.  Good thing too, because I had a birthday deadline!  The night before, I ended up staying up late sewing on the felt pieces, but I didn't want to chance getting caught during the day.  This is a very covert ninja, you see.


Little Dude has been playing and sleeping with his ninja a lot since his birthday.  It warms my heart that he loves his gift so much.  His sisters have asked for ninjas too.  So who knows, maybe we'll have a whole gang of ninjas around here soon.


For those on ravelry, here are my project notes.

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment