Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ice Cream Sundays - {mojito granitas}

Last weekend, as we were leaving the Ohio State Fair (here's the post) we were all hot, tired & beat.  I perked up when I remembered that I had mojito granitas waiting for me in the freezer....true summertime comfort food!

The recipe for mojito granitas can be found in The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.  I'm working my way through the book, a la Julie & Julia.  I've been wondering lately who would play me in the film version of Cheryl & David - I'm thinking Marion Cotillard would be a lovely choice.  I'm not sure who would play David Lebovitz, but in keeping with the Julie & Julia theme, why not Meryl Streep?  She can do any role she sets her mind to!  And Mr. Lebovitz seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, so I think he'd be ok with that choice.

Anyway, back to the mojito granitas. These were super easy to make.  I used tequila instead of rum, because I happened to have just the right amount on hand.  And I used my farmer's market mint.  I loved them - they are like a sweet slushy for grown-ups (nothing like the neon-colored ones we got for the Bachsters at the fair).  However, DH thought they were too minty, so I got all the mojito granitas to myself, which suited me just fine in my post-fair stupor.


If someone were to play you in a film, which actor/actress would you choose for the starring role?  Think that over while you enjoy a slushy mojito granita.

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment