Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {aztec "hot" chocolate}

Here's what it's like to eat Aztec "hot" chocolate ice cream from David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop:

Part 1:  Ooooh, this this so chocolatey and yummy and chocolatey.  I could eat a huge bowl of this stuff.
Part 2:  Holy cow!  Water!  Water!  Quick, somebody get me some water, I'm dying here!
Part 3: Tissues!  I need tissues too!
Part 4: Gosh, that was so chocolatey, maybe I was just dreaming about that spicy part.  Surely it wasn't that hot.  Must.  Have.  Chocolate.
Repeat.

That pretty much sums it up.  Chocolate ice cream, made with chile powder.  If you like hot & spicy foods, you will probably love this ice cream.  I only put in 2 teaspoons of spices (it called for 2 to 3) but they were real doozeys.

As for the photo, I thought the scoop looked a little wonky and considered re-shooting.  Then, the more I looked at it, I realized that the scoop looks like it's up to no good.  And I decided that this shot perfectly represented the ice cream!

 
-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment