Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {baileys}

Last Fall, I made a new recipe from a gelato cookbook called Ciao Bella.  There are a lot of really intriguing recipes in that book, but I was dying to try the Irish Cream gelato.  Doesn't that sound wonderful?

I'm not sure if you need a special gelato maker when you generally make gelato - I just used my ice cream maker.  But from my understanding, gelato usually has less air whipped into it versus ice cream and is more dense as a result.  So perhaps there are special gelato churners out there, but I just couldn't wait that long.  I wanted Bailey's gelato....pronto!

The gelato was very yummy, but I had the expectation that it would be a bit richer than it was.  Maybe if I'd churned it with a proper gelato machine it would have been perfect.  But, it was still yummy and DH and I gobbled it up.  Maybe it just needed more booze?  I'll try that next time!


-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment