Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

We've had lots of sugar and lots of fun on this Valentine's Day!  I thought I'd share a few pics from our day.

We've been making "Goombas" as the Bachsters have been calling them:


We've been enjoying lots and lots of kisses - both the traditional and the chocolate kind:


My present to DH (I tore that "Beer Mine" out of a 614 Magazine). Actually, I got him the beer and ballroom dancing classes for couples.  He gave me a strange look on that one, but I thought it would be a fun couple thing.  We'll see!


I thought it would be a big surprise to make a cake for everyone.  However, I didn't take into account the huge amount of candy that the Bachsters got with their Valentines.  So, the cake went pretty much unnoticed when the girls got out of school.  I'm hoping that they'll change their minds after supper.

Little Dude helped me put the frosting on:


The recipe I used is this one, which I've made before and is delicious.  The buttercream frosting is from Martha Stewart - we haven't eaten the cake yet, but as you can see, we have tried the frosting and it's really good:


I added some Smucker's strawberry syrup and a few drops of red food coloring to get it a nice shade of pink - perfect for love day!

I hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment