Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {butterscotch pecan}

Love = ice cream.

At least, that was my thinking when I made butterscotch pecan ice cream (from David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop) for Valentine's Day for my sweetie, whose favorite ice cream is butter pecan.  I whispered those three little words in his ear: butter....scotch....pecan.

This recipe is awesome in every way (just like true love).  It calls for dark brown sugar instead of the usual granulated sugar, which imparts a warm butterscotch flavor.  The ice cream would actually be really good as is, but the addition of the buttered pecans really sends it over the top.  They are delicious on their own (I'm definitely going to make them again when I'm trying to be all low-carb), but something about the pairing of the salty toasted pecans with the creamy butterscotch ice cream......it's a match made in heaven!

I omitted the scotch whisky, because I knew the Bachsters would want some.  Spread the love, people, spread the love.


-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment