Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {chai-spiced milk chocolate}

I can't decide whether I like chai-spiced milk chocolate ice cream or not.  It's very exotic tasting, and the spices really make their presence known, especially in the first few bites.  But it might be a little too much, especially if you're expecting sweet-and-familiar milk chocolate. 

The recipe is from one of my favorite ice cream books, Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones.  Since I love chai (the drink), I was excited to try this recipe.  Peppercorns, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and star anise are all infused in the base - you can detect hints of each as you eat the ice cream.  And the milk chocolate imparts a wonderful texture.  After eating several bites, the spiciness mellows; but even so, I'm on the fence about whether I like it or not.  If you try it, let me know what you think!





-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment