Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ice Cream Sundays - {rocky road}

Little Dude just turned 6 recently, and when asked what kind of ice cream he'd like on his big day, he said rocky road.  I'm not sure where that came from, since I don't think he's ever had rocky road before, but hey, rocky road it is.  I used the excellent chocolate ice cream recipe from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.  I usually make it with half bittersweet and half semisweet chocolate, and it's always perfect!

There are instructions beneath the chocolate ice cream recipe on how to make rocky road ice cream, and it couldn't be easier: add chopped up toasted nuts (I used almonds) and mini marshmallows (I had big plans to make homemade marshmallows, but ran out of time and figured a little person just turning 6 wouldn't mind either way).

This rocky road rocks!  Little Dude loved it - I have a feeling it will be requested again soon, way before his next birthday.


Speaking of birthdays, Ice Cream Sundays has been up and running for a year now (a whole year of delicious ice cream!).  And it's been a blast sharing my favorite ice creams with you.  Starting next week, Sundays will take a slightly different direction, one that I hope you'll enjoy just as well.  I hope you'll stop by then!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment