Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mid Year Resolutions

I recently read The War of Art by Steven Pressfield and I've got to say, it really motivated me.  It gave me that nudge I needed to get my act together, to get moving, to make my dreams a reality (such a big task for a tiny book).  But after I read it, I felt energized and ready to make a change in my life, to do what needed to be done to become the person I'd like to be.

I know that all sounds quite dramatic, but it was the right book, the right message, the right time.

So, I decided that July 1st would be my big day.  My Mid Year Resolutions would begin!  And, I'm happy to report that they have: sort of.  Unfortunately, I've got a really yucky cold (thanks to DH passing it to me) and my energy level has dropped.  But, I've started eating right and I've eliminated a bunch of bad habits from my daily routine (like compulsive internet surfing - I'm so guilty of that!).  I have not done the more proactive things that I want to, mainly tending to my creative ambitions, mostly because I just want to sit and be a blob until this cold goes away.  But, at least it's a start, and a step in the right direction.

I can't recall what my New Year's Resolutions were, and in a way, it doesn't even matter.  I've got new goals and ambitions, and it all starts now.  I am so very ready to tackle my Mid Year Resolutions!


Do you have any Mid Year Resolutions?

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment