Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Brunch - {herbed focaccia}

Earlier this year, I went a little crazy over the Wheat Belly Cookbook and tried tons of the recipes.  I found some good ones, but this herbed focaccia was my favorite by far.

There is no flour in the recipe (which goes the same for all the recipes in the book).  Almond flour and ground flaxseeds make up the bulk of the bread.  The addition of egg whites fluffs it up just a bit.  And the sun-dried tomatoes and my own contribution, chopped up fresh rosemary sprinkled on top, makes it irresistible.  Seriously, I am the only one who eats it whenever I make it - not because my family doesn't like it, but rather because I am usually standing at the counter, snarfing it all down myself.  My poor family, they can't even get in to get a nibble.

Good thing I was able to get a shot last time I made the recipe, before everybody (ahem) gobbled it up!


-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment