Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Nook - Edible

I really missed Sunday Brunch yesterday - did you happen to stop by and see it missing?  Last week was a crazy one, as this week is as well, but I hope to be back with Sunday Brunch again next Sunday.  I cannot wait to share all the fantastic pumpkin treats I've been cooking up!

Anyway, on to Book Nook: Edible: A Celebration of Local Foods by Tracey Ryder and Carole Topalian:




Do you ever read your local Edible magazine?  Ours is Edible Columbus - here's the link to the Edible Communities website.  I just love the magazine and always make sure to get the latest edition when I see it at my favorite farmers market.

Surprisingly, I didn't find the Edible book at the bookstore or farmers market: I found it at my local grocery store.  They had a big bin of clearance books and because they accidentally charged me full price for the book, they ended up giving it to me for free when I asked about it at customer service.  Quite a deal!

The book is broken down by stories that have run in various issues of Edible Communities and are broken down by area of the country.  Most of these articles are just what you see in the magazine: profiles of farms, the people that grow our local food and local food initiatives.  There are lots of recipes, too, categorized by season.  I haven't tried any yet, but since Fall is here, that's the section I've been perusing the most (creamy pumpkin grits with brown butter - I might have to try that!).

Sometimes the neatest books can be found in the most unexpected places!  I'm glad this one found me!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment