Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Nook - Halloween books

The last couple of weeks have been a busy time for our family, gearing up for our Halloween party that we had yesterday.  I've been getting lots of books at the library on crafty Halloween activities - I thought I'd share a few!

Spooky & Bright: 101 Halloween Ideas from the Editors of Country Living (the national magazine, not the regional one that is near and dear to me):




So many cute ideas here!  I especially love the "finger" pen, mouse in a maze cake and the pumpkins.....all of their pumpkin ideas are great (but I especially love the fireplace pumpkins - genius!).

A Ghastly-Good Halloween: 201 Spooktacular Recipes, Crafts & Decorating Ideas by Gooseberry Patch:




I've heard of Gooseberry Patch before, but I didn't realize they are located in Central Ohio!   I was so excited to discover that!

There are so many great ideas in this neat book.  The one thing that made a big impression on me was all the recipes, and the beautiful food photography.  Perfect lighting, delicious-looking recipes - the majority of the book seems to be dedicated to food.  But that's ok, because it's all goodies you will want to make (especially the s'mores brownies...oh my goodness!).  I also love the candy corn pumpkins (there are also lots of other great pumpkin ideas here, too).  There's also a really cute owl costume for kids that looks suspiciously like my very own fabu-owl (which I promise to show pics soon).  Finally, there's a table with bones for legs that is just too cute!

Finally, I just had to use some of Martha's great ideas for our party - this book of hers was very useful.  We did the big-candy-favors and the bat-on-moon treat bags - pics coming soon!

Have you done any fun crafts to celebrate Halloween?

-Cheryl   

No comments:

Post a Comment