Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worthington Farmers Market

Today, the Bachsters and I went to the Worthington Farmers Market & I wanted to share a few pics from our excursion.


This is a big farmers market, with 70+ vendors.  We saw plants for sale, veggies (the strawberries were all sold out by the time we got there), bakeries, meats such as grass-fed beef and free-range chicken, and some cute antiques.  The farmers market will be running through October - we'll definitely be coming back!



I wanted to buy some Ohio maple syrup.  We're all out of syrup, which is a tragedy in the Bach household!  I was so happy to find Pleiades Farm - we bought some grade B maple syrup, maple sugar candy and maple lollipops from them.  Yes, we love maple syrup!


Our 6-year-old smuggled in her own money, so when she saw a cute headband for sale, how could I say no?  It's made with a peacock feather and a blinged-out jewel:


We also bought pastured eggs (oh, I was so excited to find them!  I had a great conversation with the farmer about pastured eggs & about a book we've both read, which I can't wait to tell you all about in Book Nook).  We also purchased more of that delicious cheese from grass-fed cows - from the same vendor at the Clintonville Farmers Market a couple of weeks ago.  And radishes, which I plan to roast with some olive oil & coarse salt, just like we did with the Clintonville Farmers Market radishes.  If we are finding so much good stuff now, just imagine what the farmers markets will be like later in the summer!

Yes, we'll definitely be back!


I hope you are having a great Memorial Day weekend!

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment