Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spider heaven

The spiders were busy last night in Central Ohio, because this morning we woke up to spider webs all over our backyard.  This has only happened once before (here's the post), so I couldn't resist grabbing my camera & getting a few shots before they disappeared.  Spider webs dotted a half-dead tree in our backyard - I think they really like the twigs for their webs.  There were also webs in the grass, and one ambitious spider even made a "bridge" between one of our pine trees and a bush by our fence.  All of the webs were twinkly with early morning dew.

Our 6 year-old exclaimed "it's spider heaven out here."


Here's a shot I converted to B&W:


I wonder what the conditions are for big spider web activity (fog, a certain temperature, etc.)?  If you know, please let me know in the comments.  I'd love to be prepared for the next web-wonderland.

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment