Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back to Inniswood

"The seed is hope; the flower is joy."
-Author Unknown

Hi readers,

Today, the Bachsters and I went back to Inniswood Metro Park/Garden for a special program on seeds.  It was a nice program & Inniswood did a great job organizing crafts and activities for the kids, as well as a brief educational program on seeds.  However, it was very hot out today and the kids were ready to pack it in shortly after we got there.  In fact, they didn't even want to check out our normal stomping-grounds of the pond or Granny's House, or any of the beautiful gardens we usually visit.  No, they wanted the car and their water bottles!

But, we did manage to have fun planting some seeds & doing some other activities and I was able to get a couple of shots.  Here is the "make your own sunflower" craft:


And here is Little Guy's very gluey creation:


Those beautiful red and yellow flowers by Granny's House were beckoning me, since they were right there by the craft tables, so I thought I'd try to improve upon my shot from the other day.  However, I had bright sunlight to deal with, as well as 3 very tired, hot & rather cranky kids.  So I only got one shot, on auto exposure:


I think yet another trip to Inniswood is in our near future.  It's always a pleasurable visit, even on hot summer days.  But for now, it's nice to be back home, just chilling in the air conditioning!

Have a nice Wednesday!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment