Thursday, June 24, 2010

A nice surprise

Hi readers,

Lookee what I got in the mail today - yarn from Red Heart!


They sent me 4 balls of that gorgeous "rose dust" color, which is their Eco-Ways recycled blend; 3 balls of the blue Eco-Ways bamboo wool and 3 balls of tangerine Eco-Ways eco-cotton blend.  Aren't those colors beautiful!  They also sent me a reusable bag with the Save the Planet contest logo on it:


And they sent me a very nice letter, which states: "We were so pleased that you were a runner-up in our 'Save the Planet' contest.  In our eyes you are a winner!"  Isn't that nice!  What an unexpected, wonderful surprise!  Now I just need to figure out what to knit with all my great new yarn goodies!

While I didn't win the contest, just to be chosen as a finalist was really an accomplishment: there were over 300 entries!  And if I hadn't entered, I would always be wondering how that great idea I had for a knitted globe would have done in the contest.  At least I gave it a shot!

And on that thought, I leave you with a parting quote:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
-Wayne Gretzky

Have a nice evening!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment