Friday, June 18, 2010

Paper Mache

Hi readers,

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to do regular art projects with the Bachsters this summer.  Well, we had our first one a couple of days ago....paper mache!

I made our paste homemade - it's a little scary to think that flour and water mixed together basically makes glue!  The kids kept commenting on how nice it smelled (I added ground cloves).  They also helped cut up the strips of paper we used.  Here are a couple of pics from our paper mache making, phase 1:




We let our bowls dry all day & then painted them the following afternoon.  Here are some pics of the painting phase:




As you can see, my daughter got all crafty and started painting with a dandelion.  Getting crafty is what it's all about!

I'll keep you posted on more arts & crafts to come!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment