Friday, June 4, 2010

Little Deer

Hi readers,

Today, we had an unexpected visitor....a little baby deer!  My husband was in our backyard, looking around the house to see if there were any wasp nests, as I told him I've been seeing lots of wasps by our back door lately.  That's when he spotted a little baby deer, just hanging out in our backyard, by the house, waiting for his/her mama!  The funny thing is, last night there was a doe in the neighborhood, and she was actually in our backyard for a while.  I guess she liked what she saw because she brought her little one back later!  In the 9 years we've lived in this house, I have never seen a deer in our yard before, so this is a very rare occurrence!

The Bachsters were so fascinated by the deer & they were so good about being quiet whenever we snuck in the backyard to take a quick peek.  We searched for lightning bugs in the front yard tonight, so as not to disturb our little visitor.

Here are a couple of pictures I took - in the second one, you can see how close we are to the deer.  Please don't mind all my weeds!




Have a nice evening!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment